Easistore is dedicated to having an environmentally friendly policy that ensures as a business we have as little impact on our environment as possible.
We do not want our quality self storage facilities to come at the cost of the environment, so we make sure that we consider the environmental impact of everything we do and try to always find the most ‘green’ way in every situation.
We are always transparent in our methods and practices, so if you would like to know how we are enforcing an environmental policy and reducing our effect on the environment, simply take a look at our practices below:
- Photo Voltaic (P.V.) panels have been installed at all of our stores to generate a significant proportion of the electricity we consume and to reduce our CO2 output. Annually we generate 161,000 kWh of electricity, and therefore reduce our CO2 emissions by approx. 37,500 kg.
- Light fittings feature electronic control gear and use low energy LED lamps.
- Light fittings are controlled by presence detectors and timers to ensure they are switched off when nobody is present.
- External / security lighting is fitted with ambient light level sensors to ensure it is only activated when dark.
- Dyson 'low energy' hand dryers are in operation in toilets to reduce energy usage.
- Only 'Green' renewable electricity suppliers are used to supply Easistore.
- Heating Systems incorporate high efficiency boilers, economising controllers and thermostatic valves.
- Toilet urinals are waterless.
- All company vehicles are diesel powered and chosen for their low CO2 output, and are progressively being replaced with electric vehicles.
- Electric vehicle charge points are installed and available at all stores.
- High levels of insulation are specified and installed into the fabric of our stores to improve their efficiency and reduce heat loss.
- All waste paper, used cartons, packing materials and unwanted printed matter is collected and sent away for recycling.
- As part of Easistore's 'Go Green' Promise to our customers, everyone is encouraged to return all used / unwanted cartons to us to be collected and sent away for recycling.
- Wooden pallets are collected and sent away for re-use / recycling.
- Printer toner cartridges are collected and sent away for re-use / refilling.
- Redundant IT / office equipment is collected and sent to a WEEE recycling plant.
- Minimal waste is sent to landfill.
- Low carbon choices are specified / preferred in all purchasing decisions.
- Packing boxes and other corrugated packaging materials supplied by Easistore are sourced in environmentally friendly recycled 'brown' cardboard.
- IT and office equipment is switched off at night when not in use.
- Colleagues and customers are supplied with chilled / filtered drinking water from dispensers running from the mains water supply, rather than bottled water deliveries.